- Basic Fare Shop JR API (OTA_AirLowFareSearchLLSRQ) to be decommissioned
- 4 Ways the New Sabre Red Workspace SDK 3.3 Will Boost Your Agency’s Efficiency
- The Next Evolution of the Travel Desktop – Making Your Customers Happy Has Never Been Easier
- New options to revalidate an itinerary
- PCI-Mandated Upgrade to TLS v1.2
- Reducing Infrastructure Cost & Complexity with Sessionless Search
- Getting Started in Travel: The B2B Edition
- Hackathon: TTX – Las Vegas and Hackathons Done Right
- Getting Started in Travel: The B2C Edition
- Custom Region API: The Destinations You’ve Been Looking For
- March 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
Share this page
by Chris Apaliski
Year after year, Sabre TTX never fails to disappoint. TTX, short for the Travel Technology Exchange, brings together travel professionals from all over the world for a 3-day conference packed with networking opportunities, new technology breakthroughs, and showcases of the latest trends and insights in the travel industry. There’s also a special developer track designed for our dev crowd and to highlight their continuous innovations within the travel sphere.
This year, we’re putting the spotlight on our developers with an unprecedented opportunity to make waves in travel technology before the conference even begins. Get hyped: we’re kicking off TTX with a hackathon. Hackathon: TTX takes place on Saturday, June 24 – Sunday, June 25 at the Aria Casino & Resort in Las Vegas. As we’ve seen before at our hacks in Singapore and London, Sabre hacks are a catalyst for innovation and groundbreaking ideas – it’s incredible just how many forward-thinking solutions can arise within a 24 hour period.
The Hackathon: TTX competition address very specific needs within the travel spectrum. We’re calling on you to build a B2B or B2C travel solution with the following themes in mind:
- Frictionless Experience: How do we remove obstacles and make the traveler experience as easy as possible?
- Unified Commerce: How do we ensure a comprehensive experience for the customer, regardless of where they start, continue, or finish the shopping process?
- Personalized Experience: How do we tailor travel directly to the customer’s preferences? How do we offer the right product to the right customer at the right time?
In an upcoming blog series, we’ll define how these topics are relevant to the travel industry and expand more on the possibilities within each. Of course, the real next level stuff happens when you transform your ideas from a sketch into a real working prototype at Hackathon: TTX. We’re confident when you combine Sabre’s platform and tools with your take on these experiences, only greatness can happen.
Projects will be judged on technical quality, design, originality, and potential. Of course, we’re throwing in some awesome prices to make the competition worth it. Check out what’s at stake below:
- Grand Prize: $5,000
- Side Challenge: Best Idea for the New Sabre Red Workspace: $500
- Side Challenge: Best use of Emerging Technology: $1000
Think you’ve got what it takes? Bring it on! Registration for Hackathon: TTX is free, but space is limited, so don’t delay. We’re looking forward to seeing what you’ve got when the competition heats up. Is it a new B2B solution for Sabre Red Workspace? Is it a groundbreaking travel app? Will it solve the pain points of travel disruption or revolutionize itinerary management? It’s up to you! You bring the creativity, and we’ll arm you with the right tools to bring it to life. Book your time at Hackathon: TTX now!
Interested in sponsoring the event? We have several sponsorship opportunities available. View our sponsorship packages and contact us through our Hackathon: TTX website to find out more.
See you in Vegas!